Taproot builds a firm foundation for healthcare organizations ensuring
- Reimbursement optimization
- The process, tools and training necessary to get compliant
- The normalization and structuring of disparate systems across the organization
- Delivery of meaningful interpretations that drive strategy and critical business decisions support proactive planning and care delivery
WPC has the tools and talent to optimize your reimbursement process and empower your revenue cycle team in preparation for the shift to value-based care.
- The ability to effectively communicate a “compliant” claim—the type that gets paid immediately, without delay, and in the full amount
- Identifying the root causes found in the electronic data stream in order to address problems today and on an ongoing basis
Clinical Documentation Improvement
Is your documentation an A+ or D-?
How does your case mix equate to healthcare organizations in your market? Have you had an audit that identified CDI as an issue? Improved CDI is about effective communication between the clinician and the revenue cycle team that ensures proper payment for the right service.
The WPC Healthcare CDI program includes a four-part process
- A statistically valid documentation audit
- A custom CDI program for the entire organization
- Implementation of an enhanced program
Q. Who has PhD-level understanding of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
A. WPC Healthcare
We’ve been involved with the standards development since the beginning. WPC offers a level of experience and expertise that most RCM companies simply don’t have. EDI is a business requirement that must be complied with or payers don’t pay. WPC teaches, trains, diagnoses and solves problems, closing gaps that impact revenue negatively and increasing an organization’s Information IQ.
Q: Focusing on symptoms will address coding issues. True or False?
Poor coding is often a symptom of both poor documentation and a lack of proficiency in the coders. The goal is to identify the problem in order to create an effective solution.
Although many healthcare organizations do their own random audits, what they need is a systematic, continuous improvement process. WPC offers a variety of programs designed to ensure ongoing intelligent coding capabilities.
Q. Is procrastination the right strategy for ICD-10?
ALERT! By October 1, 2015 every healthcare organization must stop using ICD-9 codes for critical diagnosis. Yes, there’s been a delay but counting on another is a risk. WPC Healthcare is an expert in ICD-10 and is actively taking hospitals across the country through an effective process to become compliant.
Q: EDI Standards never change. True or False?
At WPC Healthcare, we know EDI better than anyone because we helped create them. Approximately every 10, years the Department of Health and Human Services has updated the EDI standards mandated under HIPAA. As the publisher of nearly all of the mandated EDI standards, WPC is the right organization to take healthcare organizations through the transition process.
HIPAA Security & Compliance
With Federal fines up to $1.5 million, healthcare security is an ongoing risk factor.
As the original contractor to CMS for HIPAA compliance, WPC Healthcare is ideally suited to address the security needs of healthcare organizations on a national basis. Because HIPAA rules are subject to auditor interpretation, working with an expert is essential. Learn more…
- HIPAA/HITRUST assessment and Meaningful Use risk analysis
- Policy and governance creation
- Breach forensics
- Audits and security reviews of business associates and vendors
- Software security lifecycle development and assessment
- Staff training and education
How will you implement Meaningful Use 2?
The WPC Healthcare project team supports the effective implementation of Meaningful Use 2 criteria necessary to be compliant with financial incentive requirements making this service a high return on investment.
WPC has a deep understanding of healthcare data down to individual data elements‚ a strategic differentiator between a technology shop and a mature solution provider. This marriage ensures that real intelligence can be gleaned from the effort‚ a critical requirement for transforming data into understanding. To apply data science, information must be consistent and dimensioned in a manner accessible by an algorithm.
- System Architecture: The optimal project approach
- Data Governance: An understanding of the sources and utilization of data
- Master Data Management: The business rules necessary to rollup data
- ETL Development: Software development that ensures that all dimensions are plugged into create a selectable model across the entire warehouse
- Data Integration: The combination HL7, EDI and other organization information utilizing advanced tools to connect disparate systems together
- Clinical or Enterprise Data Warehouse: Clinical, financial and operations data offered in two models onsite or offsite on a service bureau basis