Practical data science. At your service.
WPC offers a variety of opportunities to address strategic initiatives, limit liability, improve quality, and improve financial strength through the skill of the WPC data science team.
Through proprietary algorithms, WPC addresses unique client needs, creating a visual presentation of key data that are easy to understand and further analyze. Moving from analysis to action is the hallmark of the Taproot solution and the key to moving from a strategic discussion to the tactical arena. With Taproot, workflow and liability/risk scenarios can be entertained and cost, reimbursement denial, and clinical quality issues can be targeted to develop an effective plan of action.
Through a mixture of technology and process optimization, and with a deep understanding of healthcare data, the Taproot Solution Suite transforms existing systems, data, and workflows, improving productivity and mitigating risk while enhancing quality care delivery.
A New Approach to Addressing Clinical Issues
To get the right answer, you need to ask the right question. WPC is skilled in answering specific questions about given patient populations, diagnoses, or risk factors and delivering the insight necessary for effective intervention.
With success in regard to predictive modeling around sepsis, identifying prediabetic populations, or patients with other chronic conditions, WPC Healthcare is a partner to take addressing key issues like focusing on hospital acquired infections or any of the CMS 30 HARMS a step further. Operationalizing data science in a practical and effective manner is our strategic differentiator.
- Sepsis Predictive Index
- HIV Progressions Index
- West Nile/Zika Virus Outbreak Prediction Index
- Diabetic Identification Index
- Diabetic Retinopathy Diagnostic Index
- Seizure Predictive Index
- Schizophrenia Classification Index
- Cervical Cancer Risk Index
- Cardiac Conditions Index
- Spine Surgery Approval Index
- The ability to effectively communicate a “compliant” claim—the type that gets paid immediately, without delay, and in the full amount
- Identifying the root causes found in the electronic data stream in order to address problems today and on an ongoing basis
- Denials research
- Overpayment recovery
- Payer scorecard
- Payer profiling and performance
- Contract modeling
- Value-based care performance
Overpayment Recovery Management
- DRG analysis
- Medical necessity
- ICD-9 diagnosis code Pareto analysis
- Adjustment categories
- Adjustment distributions
- Financial forecasting
Operational Insights Necessary for Value-Based Care
For healthcare delivery organizations, a significant amount of annual budgets are allocated to operations. This fact makes achieving operational efficiencies and minimizing costs a critical requirement of thriving in an environment of healthcare reform. The need for accurate and reliable operational benchmarks has never been greater.
WPC Operational Insights deliver actionable analytics that identify opportunities in patient management, satisfaction, and marketshare.
- Readmission Predictive Index
- Patient Days Algorithm
- Length of Stay Analysis
- Care episode analysis
- Care sequence analysis
Value Based Care
- Quality indicator analysis including PQRS score correlations
- Patient Satisfaction analysis by physician, procedure and site of care
- Geo-spatial procedure delivery by location, gender and procedure
- Just in time scheduling algorithm to improve performance and quality incorporating team and individual provider performance data
Professional Services Delivered by Healthcare Experts
As healthcare data experts, WPC is unmatched in its ability to support healthcare organizations in preparing for and achieving the benefits intended through regulatory changes, building a data infrastructure necessary for value-based care and optimizing the reimbursement process. WPC has a deep understanding of healthcare data down to individual data elements, a strategic differentiator between a technology shop and a mature solution provider. This marriage ensures that real intelligence can be gleaned from the effort, a critical requirement for transforming data into understanding. To apply data science, information must be consistent and dimensioned in a manner accessible by an algorithm.
- Program/Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Code Auditing
- HIPAA Security & Compliance
- System Architecture
- Data Governance
- Master Data Management
- ETL Development
- Data Integration
- Clinical/Enterprise Data Warehouse